Marvin Vettori put on a wrestling-laden show as he eased to victory against a clueless Kevin Holland.
Marvin Vettori put on an absolutely stunning performance against Kevin Holland in the main event of UFC on ABC 2. From the word go, there was no stopping the Italian as he dominated ‘The Trailblazer’ on the ground, executing a staggering 11 takedowns (a middleweight division record). Kevin Holland had absolutely no idea about Marvin Vettori’s grapple-laden game, and his inability to defend takedowns was very evident, as it was during his recent fight against Derek Brunson as well.
With that win, Marvin Vettori would surely break into the top 5 of the middleweight rankings. He was ranked 6th going into the match. And, at the post-fight interview with Daniel Cormier, Marvin Vettori called out Israel Adesanya, whom he had almost defeated in 2018 ( a split decision victory for Israel Adesanya).
Marvin Vettori is on a mission!
Vettori will be looking forward to getting that title shot, which might probably be his if he manages to beat one more opponent (Darren Till). As for Kevin Holland – the man definitely needs to work on his takedown defense, or else it will be really tough breaking into the top rankings.
- Co-Main event: Arnold Allen def. Sodiq Yusuff via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Julian Marquez def. Sam Alvey via submission (rear-naked choke), 2:07 of Round 2
- Mackenzie Dern def. Nina Nunes via submission (armbar), 4:48 of Round 1
- Daniel Rodriguez def. Mike Perry via unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 30-26)
- Joe Solecki def. Jim Miller via unanimous decision (29-28 x2, 30-27)
- Mateusz Gamrot def. Scott Holtzman via KO
- John Makdessi def. Ignacio Bahamondes via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 30-27)
- Jarjis Danho def. Yorgan De Castro via KO, 3:02 of Round 1
- Jack Shore def. Hunter Azure via split decision (30-27 x2, 28-29)
- Luis Saldana def. Jordan Griffin via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Da Un Jung def. William Knight via unanimous decision (30-26 x2, 30-27)
- Impa Kasanganay def. Sasha Palatnikov via submission (rear-naked choke), 0:26 of Round 2